Saturday, June 2, 2012

Player

You shouldn't have let me see your scorecard.
I know you keep it in your back pocket.
You mark it every time you win a round
Every time someone cries because of you
Or sobs
Or breaks
Or gasps in pain and hopeless confusion
Every time you're on top.
Am I a player in your game too?
I want to see if my name is on your scorecard.
When you make me laugh
Or smile
Or tell you I love you
Is that because then you get more points when you take me down?
I'm done.
I quit.
I'm walking away from this.
Mark your card.
You win by forfeit. 


© Andrea Grace

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I can relate to that one. I've BEEN that one before...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apart from that, both sides of DVD can be used to store data. The possibility of making double-sided disks arise from the fact that the protective layer for DVD is only half of that for CD, that is, 0.6mm instead of 1.2mm. So, in order to keep compatibility with older format, single-sided DVD disks have additional plastic added to them to achieve 1.2mm thickness. Of course, it is not a problem to put additional layer instead of 0.6mm of plain plastic. This wasn't possible with CDs as they are thick enough already. wonnie portable dvd player

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! I like to hear what you guys have to say! Even if you don't really have anything to say, say it. Here are some suggestions in case you are really stuck:
"I love this post and I will send you a thousand dollars as soon as I learn your address."
"I hate this post and I hate you for writing it."
"I like your blog, but your obsession with Jack Bauer is mildly disturbing."